Do you plan to move sooner rather than later? Moving is something that many people doing every day, whether planned or not. The months of May through September are the busiest times to move because everyone chooses these months to do the moves in. This is also the most profitable time in the moving industry. If you want to prepare for your move, you want to allow yourself enough time to get everything organized and prepare for any misfortunes that could occur along the way.
If you don’t have time to plan for your move, this is going to be a very stressful move however sometimes it can’t be helped, a new job opportunity or it could be the end of your lease or maybe you don’t get along with your landlord, whatever your reason, you have to leave as soon as possible. Moving quickly with Short Notice Movers in Austin can be expensive in addition to the stress and pressures involved. You need to pack and efficiently strategize your move so you get everything done on time and in the best way possible. Even though you need to move quickly, you need to depend on professional and reputable movers to help you with your move.
Organizing in the Last Minute
- As soon you find out you will need to move, start preparing
- Hire a real estate agent to see if there are suitable apartments or houses for rent
- Make yourself a check list of things that need to do be done and stick to this list
- Since you have to move quickly, considering hiring a full service mover. While it may not be possible to hire the ideal professional mover for your move, you may still be able to hire a reputable mover who can help out with the packing. Just having an extra pair of hands to do the work with you is going to be very beneficial.
- Get quotes from several moving companies so you can determine which one will provide you with the best offer.
- If you don’t have a lot of money to spare, you may want to enlist your friends to assist you instead of hiring a professional moving company.
- Find moving boxes for free by visiting grocery stores, restaurants, bookstores, and even liquor stores which normally have cardboard boxes that are empty. You can also get boxes from a moving company
- Create a stock of packing tape, bubble wrap, furniture pads, permanent markers, and a furniture dolly.
- Give your breakable an extra attention so they don’t break in the move
- Transport the valuable items and documents yourself; don’t allow them to get mixed up in the shuffle of things and you lose track of them.
- Be sure to label all boxes and let the Short Notice Movers in Austin and helpers know what is in each box and how to best handle the box
- Don’t overstuff the boxes. This makes them susceptible to breaking and dropping.
- Find out what Packers will not move (Hazard materials, perishables, plants, and more) then make sure that you don’t pack these items. Keep them separate so you can move them yourself.
- If you have pets and you’re going for a long move, consider how you will get them to their new home without making it too difficult.
- Use this opportunity to declutter and downsize what you have in your home. You can donate or have a yard sale so you can earn a little extra money for the move.
- You may benefit from renting a storage unit for most of your items until your new home or apartment is ready.
- Once everything is packed, clean your home one last time before you leave. This is just good renter conduct and will reflect well on you if you need the landlord as a reference.
- Contact all utilities to let them know that you are moving and what date to cut all service off at your current home and hook it up in your new home.